Friday, February 6, 2009

100 days and Sunrise

Yesterday was the 100th day of school. It seems like our boy just got on the bus for his first day of kindergarten! He is starting to read and he loves to rhyme. Unfortunately all the kids like to rhyme and they are starting to pair first names with silly words - our dear son now has ferret at the end of his name - poor kid. I went through all of the rhymes in my head when he was named and alas it has happened. You notice I say "when he was named" not "when we named him". My dear hubby waited till all the delivery drugs kicked in and picked a name not on the list. Good thing I liked it!
This morning I came downstairs and was stopped in my tracks by a beautiful sunrise - yes Sweetie I ACTUALLY made it up before the sun! Well, right before, but it was still before!
I'm off to eat my shredded wheat before the day officially starts - have a beautiful Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the sunrise too, it was beautiful but we had too many trees to get a good picture. I'm so glad you captured it! It's neat to hear when other people see the same thing you do at exactly the same time...

Danny Douglas said...

Boy am I way behind in my blogging! Beautiful Sunrise!