Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sandy Toes

We spent a great week at Emerald Isle, NC. We had never been there before, but are always up for new places.
The boy learned how to swim over the Winter and now he is fearless! Dad was thrilled to have a partner to surf the waves and Mom on the other hand needed a glass of wine after the beach trip.I even managed to catch one very small wave.We went to a cool bowling alley and learned that Wii Bowling is much easier than real bowling. Bella beat us the first game with the assistance of her bumpers and ramp, but that is still really pathetic!The water was so clear.There were many sand castles to be built.Tons of waves to play in and run from in some instances.
We took the world's fastest ferry boat ride to an island to look for shells and wild horses. I knew we were in for one heck of a ride when he said hold on to your hats and anything else that may blow out of the boat. We saw one horse, but there were lots of shells and beautiful scenery. Bella was whimpering when we first got on the boat, but then she suddenly felt a need for speed and started laughing and WhooHooing once we started.

We had a great ocean view and spent a lot of time on the deck.
We went on a couple go cart rides that convinced me that neither one of my kids should get their license.
Hurricane Bill stirred up the ocean during our last day which made it a red flag day on the beach so we headed to the aquarium. Of course it is best to save that trip till the end of the vacation because the sharks are scary and I would rather not think about them while on vacation at the beach.

Here is a nice picture of my three children at play - I mean my kids and my husband. I can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

julie said...

hi kristyn and welcome home!

your vacation looked wonderful, i think you need to start up a travel agency for families because the two of you seem to really know what you are doing. see you soon on the soccer field!

julie

puna said...

Looks like tons of fun! I've never been either.