Thursday, November 5, 2009

But....Jesus Loves Me

Tonight I was enjoying the calmness in the house when I hear Bella yell you threw my gold necklace. Fear floods through my body - Mom Intuition can picture them climbing a chair to reach the jewelry box in her room - carefully removing the Cross Christening gift from her jewelry box and flinging it across the room into the abyss of stuffed animals and ponies.

I flew up the steps and went into a frantic search for the necklace that my Grandmother gave Bella. She must have been watching from above and chuckling to herself as I turned into crazy Mom. Thankfully my calm husband found it on the staircase. I put the necklace around my neck after he carefully removed the knots from the delicate chain so I could put it safely away in my jewelry box.

Bella saw me in the kitchen and said "I want to wear my necklace" and I said "You can wear it to school on Friday" and she looks at me with those big eyes noticing the gold Cross around my neck and states proudly "But Mommy Jesus loves me." No matter how cute that was I am still not putting this necklace back in her little unsupervised Jesus loving hands!

No comments: