Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Making our vote count

Today I took our son to vote. I first asked him why he was off school today and he said that it was Election Day. I asked him what we were voting for today and he said the president. Pretty good so far for a 5-year old. I then asked him if he knew what the President did and he said that he runs the city and that he decides who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. I'm so proud.

We headed to the polls at 10 and it was packed. We stood in line for about an hour and my dear son was great. He stood still and we talked about the room and when he could meet the President and if the President would be coming any time soon and we also talked about McDonalds.

I let him press the voting buttons and he thought that was pretty cool. Then we headed home and had chicken nuggets and french fries not from stinky old McDonalds. Good thing I had an old Happy Meal toy in the car - that is all he really cares about anyways.

If you haven't voted yet make sure you make the time!

No comments: