Friday, November 7, 2008

Stay-At-Home Mom Day

Today our son woke-up with a temperature and a cough. If he was older I would have thought it was his own little Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I swear a miracle occurred once the bus headed off down the street - he was cured! He did still have a temperature, but that was about it! Grand mom is off visiting her friend in NC so Mommy got to stay home with the kids. First we had breakfast and then we took Bella to school. She was not very happy since she didn't get to play hookie too. We headed back 2 hours later to pick her up and to stop for Slurpies because suddenly the dear boy decided his "throat hurt" and that a Slurpee would make him feel better... yeah right.

Later in the day we made Friendship Bread which believe it or not is really yummy! I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when my friend handed me a Ziploc bag full of beige goo along with directions about stirring and adding stuff to this concoction for the next 10 days. The kids have eaten about half of it so far.
Next we headed outside because it was a beautiful day! You be the judge on how sick he REALLY was or how big of a sucker I REALLY am!










FedEx came which was very exciting to the kids, but it wasn't long lived since it was for Daddy.

Bella took a nap and Daddy came home. I headed to the gym right before I could hear Daddy growling "It's time to tickle the children" and saw him emerge from the kitchen with a blanket cape around his neck and was almost taken out by the kids running through the house as fast as they could. Have I mentioned what a cool Dad he really is????????

2 comments:

Gavin Hurley said...

The blanket over my head was there to conceal the big bottle of whiskey I was drinking. As soon as their mother left, I beat them.

Anonymous said...

OK, the Ferris Beuller photo in the shower threw me. Then I couldn't concentrate when reading the rest of your blog because I kept thinkin' Ferris was taking a shower in your bathroom. Apparently, I'm a very visual person. I hope Garrett's feeling better...