Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Leap of Faith

My Husband and I sat through a sermon a few months back and they showed a clip from Robots. It was the part where Rodney's Mom and Dad were talking about whether Rodney should be able to go to the big city to sell his invention to Mr. Bigweld. Rodney's Dad convinces his Mom that she has to let him go so he can experience the world. You can gather that we go to a well unconventional Church. I thought about this today when my boy did something that left to my own devices I would have probably held him back from.
He just learned how to swim this Summer. Look at that determination.
I bet he feels totally free and on top of the world.Thanks sweetie for letting out the line even though I hold tightly to it at the other end.
This was also off the high dive. The moral of our Revrend's story was about how couples compliment eachother. I wonder if Mary and Joseph had these same conversations?

2 comments:

puna said...

I missed that sermon.

Kristyn said...

It was a great sermon, so true. Gav is playing with "The Rev" on Wednesday night at the Blues Open Mic since the Picnic music was rained out.