Tuesday, July 14, 2009

While You Were in Montana


Hubby headed to Montana for the annual July 4th Family Reunion. Of course, I had to obey the internet safety rules and not post anything about is absence until he was home to guard the family.

We sent him off at the airport and our dear son was not too happy to see Dad leave. I am sure he was thinking that he'll never get any of his Transformers into their proper configuration nor would he be able to get to the next level on his DS. Once it was just us in the van we headed to the airport park to watch the planes come in for their landings. They are so close that you think you can almost see the passengers looking at you!
We discovered a new hobby in catching fireflies before bedtime. We learned that some fireflies do not eat and others eat very tiny insects. I sure hope we had the do not eat variety since Mommy was not catching insects in the dark.
We went to the beach a few times.
We watched the fireworks from the beach and the kids thought they were "Awesome!"My suspicions that men really have a little bit of evolving was confirmed when my son screamed "I'm going to make fire!" while rubbing two sticks together with much zeal.

We also went to the movies and saw Ice Age which lacked the required number of mermaids and ponies for Bella.

My third grade teacher from my Catholic school days also came and visited for a few days. She lives in Charlotte now, but at one time she lived with us.... long story for another day.

We went to the airport to pick up Daddy which made the kids very happy. I think Bella breached national security by charging past the un-ticketed passengers must stop here sign when she saw her Daddy.

BTW - I managed to get our son to level 5 on the DS, but I am happy that it was only a temporary assignment.


No comments: