Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Upwards - The Journey Begins

We have been pretty busy with soccer this past season. Both the hubby and I are coaching. I am coaching the 4 year olds and he has the second grade boys. I think they both have their own rewards and challenges. The kids love all of the attention especially when they get to run through the Blast Off Tunnel before the game.

They have learned sportsmanship, but like all 4 year olds, they really like to win and score goals.
They have also made friends and it has been pretty cool seeing them come together as a team and for some to come out of their shells.
This is my nephew and he is on my team. A favorite position on the field is grass picker. Don't get me wrong, he has had is share of goals both against us and for us (:
Aren't they so cute!
They are just learning the rules of the game. Here they all stand eagerly waiting to see if the ball will slowly make it's way into the goal.
They have all become a lot more confident.
Here's Bella, she scored 6 goals in one game. Of course, she has scored 6 goals in total all season, but whose counting (: Tonight is our last practice and our last game in on Saturday. The season of being hoarse on Sundays is just about over. I spend most of my time calling their names to bring their attention back to reality, but hey they are 4.

No comments: