Thursday, March 12, 2009

Conjunction Junction

An old friend from High School posted a Blog about his son struggling to learn the Preamble to the Constitution for school. Like a good Dad he pulled up School House Rock on YouTube for a little help. It made me remember how cool these were so I watched a few of them with my morning tea. I don't see any of these great cartoons among Dora, Spiderman and the Johnny Test cartoons my kids watch. It's all about nutrition now (which isn't bad), but I miss School House Rock.



Of course, I went to Catholic school for what seemed like forever and we did all sorts of things that kids probably no longer do like diagram sentences. I think I'll make my kids do this just for kicks. I wish I had a penny for every time I went to a store and watched a high school kid try to figure out 10%.




No comments: