Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Snow Day

I was standing in the hallway at Church when I heard someone say "Maybe up to 10 inches of snow before it's all over." I've been so busy that I missed all the news about the impending snow storm. I went through the list in my head - bananas: check, milk: nope, toilet paper: check, bread:nope..... so off to the store I rushed after the bouncy Birthday party we attended.
It started as a light dusting and my hubby took the kids out to play while I unpacked groceries.
Dad was so excited about coming home a little early to hit the hill with his prized Radio Flyer that he bought 3 years ago and still has not been to use. Unfortunately the snow was just too deep and only the tubes could make it down the hill. They had a blast nonetheless.

There aren't many pics of Bella because the snow was thigh deep for her and she just kept repeating "It's too deep!". The poor thing ran into the snow fell on her face and was stranded like the kids you see on TV unable to move with all of her snow gear. It's hard to be 3 some days.

2 comments:

Danny Douglas said...

I love the snow, but hate the "shoveling the driveway" part. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Kristyn said...

My wrists hurt from the shoveling - I need to add wrist exercises to the routine.