Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cooking Under Pressure

Last Summer I decided to branch out in my cooking style and I purchased a pressure cooker. Let me just say that I was scared to death when I used it the first time. In fact, the kids and I huddled just outside the kitchen while it blew steam and the little topper gently rocked back and forth. We are now very well versed with this odd contraption and most importantly we are no longer scared. In fact, the boy likes to walk by the stove and hit the cabinet to make it blow steam harder.I made a pretty yummy chicken curry dish last week. The cool thing is you just brown the meat, throw in some sauce and let it do whatever it does for only 7 minutes. A busy Mom can't beat that time! Let me know if you have any yummy pressure cooker recipes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't own a pressure cooker but I'm going to buy one now!