Monday, November 29, 2010

Blah, I mean Ho Ho Ho


I hate Blogger, I was suppose to be posting about the Boy's last soccer game, but alas I keep getting this stupid Bad Request page when I try to upload photos. So, here is my first pass at round 1 of Christmas Cookie baking - what do you think?

Festively decorated sugar cookies
Snicker doodles
Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss
Magic Bars/7-layer
Chocolate Chip
and some sort of mint cookie.

What is on your baking list? My hubby will have to answer because I am convinced that he is the only person (aside from Julie and Puna) that read this Blog (: Of course his brother is making bacon chocolate chip cookies for his work cookie exchange so we may not want to hear from that side.

3 comments:

laurenthequeen said...

I'm still in love with your coconut macaroons that you brought to a cookie exchange a couple years ago and would love the recipe. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Kristyn said...

Lauren - Here's the recipe!

Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 egg white, whipped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut

Directions

Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with foil; grease and flour foil. Set aside.

In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, extracts and coconut; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; slightly flatten each mound with a spoon.

Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool); cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

julie said...

yummm! i can't believe i got a mention in your blog. and i do read it often i just can't ever remember my password to comment!

i always make the sugar cookies, peanut butter with the
Kiss and brownies but i am loving the macaroon idea and i've seen some easy peppermint bark recipies online too.