Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys


Here is a group photo from the last soccer game of the season. It's cool to see the kids go from a bunch of boys who knew a couple of kids to a team that looks forward to seeing each other each week. The Hubby was the coach again for the boy's team. It seems that the same amount of patience is needed each year even though they are one year older!

The Boy loves the group aspect of soccer. He is a natural pack animal.

He appeared to be counting the number of players on the field while he was in the goal. It gets kind of boring over there when your team mates are doing a great job of keeping the ball down field.
Now it appears that the ball is getting closer. He stopped a lot of goals during this game.
I love this photo because it is not my kid out there break dancing. Sometimes I focus so much on whether my kid is paying attention so it is good to see that it happens with other kids. I am sure that his parents are sitting on the sideline thinking, "Why does my kid have to be the only one on the field goofing off?" My advice to new sport parents is to look around when you think this and I am sure that you will see other plane/cloud watchers, dirt diggers and paper/rock/scissor players out there.

They eat up the parent praise!

No comments: