Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Army and One Big Frog

Only one thing on this earth strikes more fear in me than a phone call after midnight and that's frogs. They freak me out so much because I feel like they are staring at me with those buggy eyes just waiting for the best opportunity to hurl their nasty slimy bodies at me. They are just plain gross and not matter what you say you will not change my mind.

Back to the story - Around 12:36 this morning the phone rang and it was my dear husband's boss. After the blood rushed back into my body I found out that the software was not doing what it needed to do and that he had to drive into the office aka the Pentagon and fix it. Well, the poor guy had woken up at 4:30 that day so he could accompany me to dance lessons. What a nice hubby, but that is whole other post. I decided that he was in no condition to drive, so I called my mother and asked her to waltz across the yard to sit with the kids while they slept, so I could drive him. Just to let you know - she was not a happy lady. I went outside to warm up the van when I came face to face with that vile creature. I never encountered these animals in the city - Although I did encounter all other types of animals, but they were 2-legged and just cruised the pubs. I came back into the house after that awful encounter to find out that the emergency was solved and we could go back to bed. It's been a long....long....day!

2 comments:

laurenthequeen said...

You would hate our yard. The frogs love the pond and they are HUGE!

Gavin Hurley said...

Dude! You should have told me! I would love to catch that frog.