Monday, January 19, 2009

Bella's B-day Take One

We had our fist birthday party for Bella on Friday night for family and friends. Mommy made the fatal mistake of asking "What kind of cake do you want?" I was thinking Chocolate or Vanilla and she responds gleefully "Mermaid!!!" So much for an easy cake!She was very excited to finally enjoy all of the birthday festivities and we had lots of people to share the excitement. This was the first year she could blow out the candles - with just a touch of help. Really I was just trying to limit the amount of spit on the cake !There were lots of fun girly gifts and none of them required a Master's degree in transforming objects from cars to robots to whatever. Finally, Barbies and horses - I can relate to these gifts.

In keeping true to all of our parties - the kids finally took over. I was waiting for my nephew to pull a Downward Dog on my yoga mat.

Part II - coming - The Excitement of the Pony Party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bella!