Thursday, January 15, 2009

Letter

I'm back from TN and KY - very happy to be back from KY!

I read the letter Obama wrote to his 2 girls over lunch today and was happy I took the time. Here's an excerpt that I thought was particularly true regardless of your political affiliation...

"I hope both of you will take up that work, righting the wrongs that you see and working to give others the chances you've had. Not just because you have an obligation to give something back to this country that has given our family so much-although you do have that obligation. But because you have an obligation to yourself. Because it is only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you will realize your true potential."

If you have a minute take a look - http://www.parade.com/export/sites/default/news/2009/01/barack-obama-letter-to-my-daughters.html

I'll be posting pics from Bella's B-day party tonight - stay tuned!

No comments: