Thursday, January 22, 2009

Forgotten

I asked Bella a few months back what she wanted to do for her birthday and she said "Ride Ponies"!!! We all know that ponies are what make her world go round at this stage in her life. Our house is overflowing with ponies. Unfortunately, this was not an easy task given her birthday is in January! So, I started my search for an indoor arena with heating within an hour of the house. I thought this would be doable with a little research, but I had to call about 15 places to find out that there was only 1 that would do a pony party for children under 7 due to insurance. At least I found one - right! It all seemed fine until.....
There was NO ONE at the barn - not a soul.... not the person that was hosting the party..... No One, but a darn goat that kept jumping in the van every time I opened the doors!!! Goats are mean - just in case one ever jumps in your van - watch out! Back to No One there - I was totally panicked - I mean 8 little girls arriving for pony rides to find out that there were NO PONIES. Oh, we also drove over an hour to get there.
Luckily, I ran into a nice lady who was boarding a horse at the barn and she saved the day! She saddled up 2 ponies and her daughter and her daughter's friend took the kids for pony rides. Bella had a blast and she got closer than she ever dreamed to a real pony! She'll never remember her Mother's panic, but trust me, I will remind her of this many times over the upcoming years.As with anything, the kids were off to find something else to do after many trips around the barn on the ponies. I was totally unprepared since our host was nowhere to be found - what can we do to pass the time until cake???? Then we found the TURKEY! Oh joy - the kids had a blast mocking the poor bird... gobble gobble gobble followed my deep belly laughs!
Little did I know that there were other things to ride at the farm. Look there was a fallback if the whole pony thing did not work out.There was also the swing on the old barnyard gate game.It all worked out in the end! Happy Birthday Bell!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bella! It all starts with a pony ride, then it's $150 riding boots and a place on the equestrian team. There's no turning back after that.

Kristyn said...

Don't forget we have a barn on the property, but no fence. Daddy is claiming it as the man workshop, but her better hurry up!