Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grandmom's Kitchen


I decided to start adding all of the recipes that my maternal Grandmother collected over the years and to blog them over there on the right. Food and my Grandmother will have this connection in my head forever, so I wanted to share her recipes with all of our friends and family. I opened the bag of recipes and could actually smell her house. The contents of the bag smelled like her and of course Rolaids. The smell is so saturated in the bag that every time I open it I have to take a moment and stick my nose in the bag just to smell her - it's amazing how smell and memories are so intertwined. I hope you enjoy the site and cherish all of the memories that accompany these recipes. I have already received one request for her snickerdoodle and meltaway cookies. I'll post requests first so keep 'em coming.

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

Kristyn,

How great that you made this blog. Your grandmom nourished not only our stomaches but our souls, with her love and warmth. How nice that we can try to pass along some of her famous recipes to the next generations, may they all be as blessed as we with someone extra special in their lives.
Debbie G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristyn,
I love your recipes, I'm going to try the snickerdoodles. Your grandma must be smiling down at you right now!
Puna

Leslie said...

Between your introduction and Debbie's comment...sniff sniff! We have been so blessed.

Thanks for posting the recipes, Kristyn.