Thursday, August 7, 2008

Slippery Slides, Tomatoes-a-Plenty and Deep Discussions



Fed-Ex arrived very early this morning with our new water slide! We waited all day to put it up and then it rained, but soon it cleared and chaos ensued. The kids had a blast on the new slide. FINALLY something that they both can enjoy together. We can't wait for the Back to School BBQ so everyone can take part in the fun!

After the slide my dear Hubby and son trapped a poor innocent baby frog in a jar. They were so excited to bring it into the house to show Mommy who didn't quite share in their enthusiasm. With strict instructions from Mom - "That thing better not be here after you leave for work in the morning - I am not kidding"! All I could imagine was being ALONE in the house drinking my coffee to find an EMPTY glass jar on my son's bookshelf. I draw the line!

Then Son and Mom have a deep discussion while admiring our home-grown tomatoes - it went something like this:
Mom- Look at this tomato (holing up funny looking heirloom tomato) Have you ever seen one like this?
Son - All the time when I was a baby with my Grandpa. He made them all day.
Mom - Really, where does Grandpa live?
Son - In Sydney!
Mom - Your Grandpa actually lives in Montana - Do you know where that is?
Son - (Very Proudly) Right next to Sydney.
Mom - O.k. - Did you know that Mommy's Grandpa is in heaven?
Son - In Heaven with God? I was there when I was a baby... I helped God build a city!
Mom - Was it Sydney?
Son - No other people built Sydney!!!! (with hands on hips)

More next time - We are heading out on Friday for a Mommy and Daddy night with some of our long time friends who moved to TX and our dear friends Linda and Kurt. Needless to say we are bringing homemade salsa... It should be fun!

No comments: