Thursday, August 14, 2008

Putting Things in Perspective

Some times I look at my son and really wonder if he will ever have the skills to make it in big world (but really, most of us think this about our husbands, so I remind myself that it is ingrained and some day he will have a wife to take care of him too). Situations such as the "let's go, put on your shoes"...."I can't do it.... I'm too tired" confirm this feeling most days. Well today I finally learned that he has a lot of skills such as deductive reasoning, forethought, dexterity and primarily leadership. Below is the overheard conversation between Grandson and Grandmom playing the Star Wars video game (which I do not even have the skills to play):
Grandson: Come on Momma play with me
Grandmom: O.k ( this is part of her job description as the "Daytime Watcher of the Children")
Grandson: Follow-me! We're going down to the beach (leadership and deductive reasoning because he has somehow figured out how to get out of the room they were trapped in)
Grandomom: Frustrated "I can't do it" (somehow roles have reversed)
Grandson: Yes you can FOLLOW ME! (leadership)
Grandmom: I'm falling into the water
Grandson: No you're not just swim! (leadership is apparently his dominate trait)
Grandmom: I'm a lost cause
Grandson: "O.k." (empathy/sympathy)
Grandmom: Are you pushing me off of the cliff???
Grandson: Devilish laugh... [Apparently he has learned how to eliminate the weakest link on his team!]
*******I would attach a picture, but Grandmom would kill me this early in the morning*****

1 comment:

wil said...

nice, video games are educational!!!